A few thoughts from Philadelphia International
We’re sitting in Philadelphia International with a flight delayed an hour (so far), and I figured I’d share a few thoughts on what’s going through my head nowadays:
- I really want to go to Tuscany, Italy. Or Napa Valley. It needs to happen.
- Philly Int’l is the most unorganized airport I think I’ve ever been in, and I’ve even flown into and out of African airports. At least people there smile at you. “City of Brotherly Love”? I don’t think so.
- Funny how you can feel out of place at a family reunion. Don’t get me wrong, it was a blast. But it’s difficult to socialize when the only cousins close to your age don’t seem to give you the time of day. I’m ready to get back to Atlanta now.
- I have a Florida Gator fan in my family! And he didn’t even go there. And he probably will never go there. He’s going to a community college near Panama City. Oh well.
- My sunburn is successfully peeling its way off my body.
- I finally got a linen shirt yesterday — we were all looking for them in Africa, but nobody seemed to be selling them. It’s incredibly comfortable, and I feel so relaxed and laid-back.
- There was a really hot girl in line at security right behind my mom, but we all got split up for a minute and she was gone. Unfortunate. She was the prettiest girl I’ve seen in this city…man, I miss Athens.
And that’s all for now. I’m gonna go enjoy the free wireless here.