Call this my multimedia post
It seems like it’s been forever since the last time that I actually wrote about anything on here. So I’ll give you a little rundown with some text, a few slideshows, and some videos. Enjoy!
Here are some pictures from yesterday and last night. You’ll see me with childhood friend and almost-graduated U of Bama student Vanessa Rolf. There are also some from the “Aquatic Odyssey” and the AIG-sponsored dessert reception at PetCo Park.
- Went to the Aquatic Odyssey where they had mermaids, a girl with water fountain fingers, a live band, eight bars, more tables of food, two bars made of ice and thousands of risk management and insurance professionals. For the record, never ever drink a dry martini — or any martini for that matter — at a rate faster than calm sip. Trust me.
- We got to walk on PetCo Park’s infield grass and dirt. Well, we actually followed the security girl while she kicked other people off the field and took pictures when she wasn’t looking. They also had a pretty sweet wiffleball cage and some amazing bananas foster. with Myers’s Rum. Awesome.
- Crashed something fierce on top of my bedsheets and woke up around 3 feeling awful cold.
These are from Monday morning through Monday night, tracing the breakfast, keynote, exhibit hall, dinner(s) and Hootie concert. The day just kept getting better.
- Woke up at the crack of dawn for breakfast and Chris Gardner’s keynote about breaking cycles. Quite possibly one of the most engaging presenters I’ve ever experienced. I got a book signed and a picture…I felt special.Yes, I rocked a bow tie. And it looked good. And the only other guy with one was also a Marsh employee. Good karma.
- Yes, I rocked a bow tie. And it looked good. And the only other guy with one was also a Marsh employee. Good karma.
- I love Marsh. Period. ‘Nuff said.
- Shmoozed around the UGA Night reception in the Hall of Fame Room at PetCo Park. It was sponsored by Willis, another global broker juggernaut. Filet mignon burgers are great, by the way.
- Headed over to Marsh’s event at Dick’s Last Resort. I met two UGA grads at the earlier reception, so we palled around the city over to Dick’s. They’re corporate headhunters (insert vaguely villainous music here).
- Came back and got pumped for the HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH CONCERT!!! It was awesome! Not only did they play all of their huge hits, they also threw in some “Get Down On It,” “Champagne Supernova,” “Losing My Religion,” and a few more covers. I went absolutely nuts when they said our Athenians R.E.M. were the reason they started a band. I lost my voice as soon as I ran in the door (and I do mean ran).
And I’ll leave you with some of the concert videos that I took. It was splendid.
The opening song
Hootie playing “Losing My Religion.” That’s me in the background screaming and losing my mind. Oh, Athens.
What a defining, classic song. Sorry I could only get 36 seconds of it for you guys.
Talk to y’all soon! As in…tomorrow probably!